Hello Potential LISTo Mentor:
Latino/as Invested in the Students of Tomorrow (LISTo) is an organization that works to assist incoming Latino/a students in successfully transitioning from high school to college. We are pleased that you are interested in joining the LISTo family.
Responsibilities of a LISTo Mentor:
- Mentors share their knowledge, experiences, and wisdom. Mentors guide mentees in reaching their goals.
- Mentors provide valuable opportunities by facilitating academic, career, and personal contacts. Mentors also encourage growth and achievement by providing an open and supportive environment.
- By sharing stories of achievement with mentees, Mentors can become role models.
- Answer e-mails regarding LISTo events
- Commit time for MANDATORY group meetings, and communicate with your mentee via phone, internet, and face-to-face interactions.
- Be enthusiastic and patient
- Have an interest in developing friendships with other participants
- Have the ability to commit to the program for one full year
- Have to attend one mentor training session
- Create a contract with respective mentee