Abeneefoo Kuo Honor Society
Asian American Student Association
Black Affairs Council
Black Educational Support Team
Black Male Leadership Society
Black Theatrical Ensemble
Hispanic Student Association
Indian Cultural Exchange
Latinos Investing in the Students of Tomorrow
Pamoja Dance Company
UGA Chapter of NAACP
Latino/as Invested in the Students of Tomorrow (LISTo) - Mentee Application
Hello Potential LISTo Mentee:
Latino/as Invested in the Students of Tomorrow (LISTo) is at the University of Georgia serves to create a support
system for first-year Latino/a students to successfully transition from high school into the University of Georgia
community. LISTo is dedicated to providing academic, social, and personal guidance through peer mentoring. We
are pleased that you are interested in joining the LISTo family.
Each LISTo mentee will be part of a familia which consists of one faculty member who is invested in the
achievement and advancement of the Latino population, one mentor, and another mentee. In total LISTo will be
composed of 10 faculty members, 20 mentors, and 40 mentees.
What do you get out of being a LISTo Mentee?
- Information and advice - Mentors share their knowledge, experiences, and wisdom. Mentors guide mentees in reaching their goals.
- Contact and support - Mentors provide valuable opportunities by facilitating academic, career, and personal contacts. Mentors also encourage growth and achievement by providing an open and supportive environment.
- Role Models - By sharing stories of achievement with mentees, Mentors can becoe role models.
- Access to Faculty Members - Faculty members will provide support and advice for their familia
- Possess a willingness to commit time for group meetings, and communicate with your mentor, other mentee and faculty via phone, internet, and face-to-face interactions.
- Be enthusiastic and patient
- Have an interest in developing friendships with other participants
- Have the ability to commit to the program for one full year
- Regularly attend meetings, as it is expected and required