Hello Potential LISTo Mentee:
Latino/as Invested in the Students of Tomorrow (LISTo) is an organization that works to assist incoming Latinx students, transfer students, and students interested in the culture in successfully transitioning from high school to college. We are pleased that you are interested in joining the LISTo family.
What do you get out of being a LISTo Mentee?
- Information and advice – Mentors will share their knowledge, experiences, and wisdom to you. Mentors will guide their mentees in reaching their goals throughout their freshman year and beyond.
- Contact and support – Mentors provide valuable opportunities by facilitating academic, career, and personal contacts. Mentors also encourage growth and achievement by providing an open and supportive environment.
- Role Models – By sharing stories of achievement with Mentees, Mentors can become role models.
- Access to Faculty Members – Faculty members will provide support and advice for their familia
- Possess a willingness to commit time for group meetings, and communicate with your mentor, other mentee and faculty via phone, internet, and face-to-face interactions.
- Be enthusiastic and patient
- Have an interest in developing friendships with other participants
- Have the ability to commit to the program for one full academic year
- Regularly attend meetings, as it is expected and required
***Membership and all its privileges, including voting and officer positions, must be extended to all students without regard to age, ethnicity, gender, disability, color, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status as stated in the University of Georgia Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy.