Hello Potential LISTo Mentor:
Latino/as Invested in the Students of Tomorrow (LISTo) is an organization that works to assist incoming Latinx students, transfer students, or students interested in the culture in successfully transitioning from high school to college. We are pleased that you are interested in joining the LISTo family.
Responsibilities of a LISTo Mentor:
- Mentors will share their knowledge, experiences, and wisdom to their Mentees. Mentors will guide their Mentees in reaching their goals throughout their college career.
- Mentors will provide valuable opportunities by facilitating academic, career, and personal contacts. Mentors also encourage growth and achievement by providing an open and supportive environment.
- As role models, Mentors will share stories of achievement and success to lead by example.
- Answer e-mails regarding LISTo events
- Commit time for MANDATORY group meetings, and communicate with your Mentee via phone, internet, and face-to-face interactions.
- Be enthusiastic and patient
- Have an interest in developing friendships with other participants
- Have the ability to commit to the program for one full academic year
- Have to attend one mentor training session
- Create a contract with respective Mentee
***Membership and all its privileges, including voting and officer positions, must be extended to all students without regard to age, ethnicity, gender, disability, color, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status as stated in the University of Georgia Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy.
[wufoo username=”ugacampuslife” formhash=”w1aoaemi188zes2″ autoresize=”true” height=”2488″ header=”show” ssl=”true”]