The purpose of LISTo at the University of Georgia shall be to provide academic, social, and emotional support in the form of mentorship for incoming Latinx first-year and transfer students, as well as incoming students who are interested in Latinx culture. The mission is to help provide students with academic success, time management skills, networking, opportunities for internships, to build friendships, and help them transition to college.
• To provide academic, social, and emotional support for incoming first-year students.
• To prepare students for the rest of their college career and post graduation.
• Encourage cultural diversity and unity throughout MSP organizations and the Greek community.
Programs and Events
• Monthly workshops and social on topics such as study skills, time management, networking, internships, resumes, volunteering, etc.
• Founded in 2006 by members of Students for Latin @ Empowerment (SLE) through the Office of Institutional Diversity (OID)
• Modeled after the Black Educational Support Team (B.E.S.T.)
• Relocated to the advisement of MSP in 2007
University of Georgia
406G Memorial Hall
Athens, GA 30602
Daisy Gallegos, President
Daniel Ospina, Vice President
Asia Watkins, Graduate Advisor
Norma A. Nuñez, Senior Coordinator