Vision, Mission and Core Values
We envision a University of Georgia that honors the identities, perspectives, and worldviews of our entire community in a way that advances social justice and an institutional way of being that models inclusiveness for all students, faculty, and staff.
The Office of Multicultural Services and Programs works to create an inclusive campus environment by supporting the development and affirming the overall experiences of all students, particularly multicultural students. With this mission in mind, we:
- Advise and provide leadership opportunities for 13 multicultural student organizations
- Provide social justice education programs for the campus community
- Affirm, advocate, and facilitate learning opportunities around intersections of identities
- Advocate for the needs of multicultural students and support them in amplifying their voice and developing agency
- Honor, celebrate, and validate the experiences and cultures of multicultural students within the larger campus community
- Challenge all students to fully examine issues of equity, oppression, and privilege
- Foster a safe community of care for multicultural students
We value and seek to foster a welcoming space where all people can exist as their most authentic selves.
We respect the worth and dignity of all people, identities, and backgrounds with respect to customs and beliefs.
We advocate that all take responsibility for themselves, their learning, and the development of others.
We value the health and wellness of our collegiate community and foster balanced care.