Check out HSA's Noche Latina 2022 Recap Video!
The Hispanic Student Association (HSA) of the University of Georgia aims to support the needs of the Hispanic and Latino student body, as well as to preserve and promote the cultural diversity of the Hispanic/Latino American culture across the university. By creating cultural, education, volunteering, and social events, HSA aims to build a family of Latino and non- Latino students who are interested in celebrating their culture, serving the Latino community, and cultivating relations among the UGA and Athens-Clarke County community.
- Unite Students of Hispanic ethnic background and those interested in Hispanic/Latino culture through activities that invoke cultural, social, educational, and political involvement.
- Exchange culture and educate the greater university community about the diversity of the Latino diaspora.
- Serve the UGA and Athens-Clarke community at large through campus and community service.
- Dues: $12
- Membership is limited to enrolled, acredited university students, faculty, staff members, interested community members, and/or alumni.
- Membership will not be denied to any person on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Programs and Events
- Noche Latina
- Voces Unidas
- Orgullo Hispano
- Spring Gala
- Affirming Latintx Achievements and Successes (ALAS)
- SOAR Awards 2020-2021: Commitment to Social Justice
- SOAR Awards 2021-2022: Organizational Collaboration & Outstanding Cross- Cultural Program